Annual Bideford Water Festival - 16th June 2024
Bideford Water Festival with Cardboard Boats!
Bideford Water Festival and Cardboard Boat Regatta (Yes really this is Cardboard Boats racing in the Torridge!) is a fabulous free-to-watch community event that the Rotary Club of Bideford.
Fun day out for all ages on Bideford Quay, North Devon: Fundraising for local, Torridge and North Devon charities and the RNLI. Last year there was gig racing, morris dancing, a sea shanty band, steam boats, and much more.
The festival also featured a variety of other attractions, such as:
· Gig racing, where local clubs raced traditional wooden rowing boats
· Steam boats, model boats, sailing dinghies and canoes, showcasing their skills on the water
· A paddleboard challenge, where participants dressed in royal costumes and paddled across the river
· A gig challenge, where teams of rowers competed in a relay race
· Morris dancing, sea shanty singing and live music on the quayside
· Games, stalls, food and drinks for all tastes
For latest updates see Facebook Page