WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT & HOW DO WE USE IT?
- We collect personal information ie your name and contact details from you if you send us an e-mail message or complete an on-line form or sign up to the newsletter.We use the information you provide in an email or form to deal with and respond to your query or comments.
- We use MailChimp, a third party marketing platform for communicating our newsletters and any surveys. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at anytime.
Occasionally, we may also use your details to inform you of other features or services we think you may be interested in. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We will keep any personal information you provide to us confidential except to the extent that we are compelled to disclose it by law or to comply with an instruction of a regulatory body of competent jurisdiction. To comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018, we adhere to strict security procedures and have taken all appropriate measures to ensure that no unauthorised disclosures of your details are made to a third party without your permission and unauthorised access to it is prevented.
- This website is hosted by MEMSET. You can read the MEMSET Policy on security here
- The data completed via the google forms eg events and business details are stored in our Google Drive,
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
After consent we do not retain your personal information longer than is necessary. We keep it for as long as you have a relationship with us and continue to engage with us for our services e.g. subscribe to our newsletter mailing list.
HOW WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We do not share your data with any other business. We will never rent, lease or sell this data to other companies or individuals.
YOUR RIGHTS AND PREFERENCES
If you no longer wish to receive communications please contact Discover Bideford on [email protected] specifying which communication channels you wish to unsubscribe from, or click on the unsubscribe link in any of Our communications.
You have the right to:
• ask us to see, correct or delete the data we hold about you
• object to specific data uses, as described above
• object to receiving communications and direct marketing.
To request any of the above, email [email protected]
When someone visits www.discoverbideford.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Further Information and Your Rights
You have the right to access any data that relates to you, to delete it, and to object to its use for marketing. You can also check, correct, and update your information (for instance, if you change your email address). To do this, please contact us [email protected].
If you are unhappy with how we have collected or used your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).