Bideford Regeneration Strategy
Progress through Partnership
The Bideford Regeneration Board was established in 2022 as a unique public-private partnership, acting as a collaborative, community-focused and independent advisory body.
Through our activities, we facilitate and encourage a strategic, coordinated and joined-up approach towards improvement and regeneration in Bideford with an aim to:
- Pull together key bodies from across the town and strengthen a shared vision for the town's future.
- Ensure that wider voices are heard and can feed into the process and vision in order to ensure a brighter future for the community and economy.
In 2022 Devon County Council established its Urban Renewal programme to support transformational growth in eight coastal and market towns in Devon, including Bideford.
Torridge District Council, working with Devon County Council, have created a regeneration board to look holistically at future regeneration and development opportunities for Bideford town centre.
The Regeneration Board
- A unique public/private sector partnership
- A facilitator: supporting collaboration and coordination to focus on delivery.
- An independent group made up of town representation from:
- Local Business including Bideford Town Centre Partnership
- Councils including Torridge District Council, Bideford Town Council, Devon County Council
- Community including Bideford College, TTVS and Bideford Bridge Trust, Youth representation (Aged 16 – 18)
We encourage active participation to shape the future of Bideford. Reach out to us or engage in activities that align with your interests and be a part of the transformation.
Explore the Projects
There are many projects in the pipeline, here are the current active projects: